If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mar. 27 Weekend Photos: Evil-looking birds

I know these first two photos are poor quality, but I had to post because of the look this grackle gave me.

Happily munching away when he catches sight of me.


Death stare. These birds really have that "if looks could kill" thing down.


Shot with my mom's 50mm because my camera was out of reach and I was in a rush to get a bird in flight.


Shot from the same position with my 55-200mm.

5 comments:

  1. That (clearly Satanic) bird will have a starring role in my nightmares tonight. (Shudder)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the subject... and hesitated, but I looked at these pics anyways. As if I weren't scared enough of birds already... Someone please erase my memory of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, Manderz, right? That first shot is terrifying enough (he's totally eyeballing you from the side, Kris) but that second shot is downright horrific. I feel like Tippi Hedren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame they have such horrific eyes -- their feathers are such a nice iridescent black that they would almost be pretty birds. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen, please lock your windows. That bird wants to kill you.

    ReplyDelete