If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Apr. 24 Weekend Photos: Zoo!

Last Friday Liz, Wes, and I went to the small zoo around the corner. This eagle kept his eye on us from the second we walked through the front gate. It was pretty creepy, really.

Jaguar.


Another jaguar. Apparently if the sun hits a black jaguar just right, you will be able to see the same type of spots this one has.


Forget the animals! Wes was more interested in the fallen tree blossoms. No, seriously.



Some people will have no interest in this next photo, I'm sure. For the rest of you, these are sliders -- the same type of turtles that I once owned. The smaller one was bigger than my hand.



5 comments:

  1. LOVE the shots of Wes.

    And those fallen tree blossoms are terribly fascinating. Go Wes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Apparently if the sun hits a black jaguar just right, you will be able to see the same type of spots this one has." Apparently this is what I miss when I don't read the little plaques.

    Of course I agree with everyone...that last photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I totally pulled that info from the zoo website (I was checking to make sure the spotted jaguar was actually a jaguar). I stopped reading those plaques after the third animal. :)

    ReplyDelete